Skip to main content

YOU

You are
what I’ve been
searching for,
chasing after,
longing to find,
every star,
moonbeam
and dream,
all of every thing
so infinitely far away
and yet so intimately
here in my arms.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/you-69

Popular posts from this blog

BEING BRAVE AT NIGHT

The other night 'bout two o'clock, or maybe it was three, An elephant with shining tusks came chasing after me. His trunk was wavin' in the air an'  spoutin' jets of steam An' he was out to eat me up, but still I didn't scream Or let him see that I was scared - a better thought I had, I just escaped from where I was and crawled in bed with dad. One time there was a giant who was horrible to see, He had three heads and twenty arms, an' he came after me And red hot fire came from his mouths and every hand was red And he declared he'd grind my bones and make them into bread. But I was just too smart for him, I fooled him might bad, Before his hands could collar me I crawled in bed with dad. I ain't scared of nothin that comes pesterin' me at night. Once I was chased by forty ghosts all shimmery an' white. An' I just raced 'em round the room an' let 'em think maybe I'd have to stop an' rest awhile, when the

MY TRUE LOVE

I have a feeling That I can't comprehend In my deepest thoughts you are More than just a friend. I wouldn't want to Rush us now As love we explore But there's a growing love inside That we just can't ignore. I love the times we Spend together. We are comfortable And free.  I think of you when we are Alone.  I think of you and me. We have shared Secrets to uncover. There's more To life. We will both discover. I love you always. I'll love you when you're dumb, I'll love you when you're smart, I'll love you anyway you are, Right from the start. I'll love you if you're tall I'll love you if you're short, I'll love you if you're pretty, Or just an ugly dork. I'll love you if you're toothless, I'll love you if you're blind, Anything that's wrong with you, To me you'll be fine. My heart is opening up now, Unlike it used to do, I see the pain that's in your heart And sometimes I feel it too.

IF NOT FOR YOU

If not for you, I wouldn’t know What true love really meant. I’d never feel this inner peace; I couldn’t be content. If not for you, I’d never have The pleasures of romance. I’d miss the bliss, the craziness, Of love’s sweet, silly dance. I have to feel your tender touch; I have to hear your voice; No other one could take your place; You’re it; I have no choice. If not for you, I’d be adrift; I don’t know what I’d do; I’d be searching for my other half, Incomplete, if not for you. By Joanna Fuchs